Industrial Gear Designers, Manufacturers & Rebuilders
Llewellin's Machine Company Ltd
15 King Square, Bristol, England BS2 8JJ | Tel: +44 (0)117 942 4026 | Fax: +44 (0)117 923 2028 | Contact Us | Website: www.llewellins.co.uk
Welcome to the
INDUSTRIAL GEAR DESIGNERS,
MANUFACTURERS & REBUILDERS
Llewellin's Gears undertake design, manufacture and reverse engineering projects for many process plants and engineering companies throughout the world.
Llewellin's Gears can quickly supply gears for new industrial equipment or can reverse engineer, repair, rebuild, or replace gears, gearboxes or transmission equipment for existing equipment.
In the event of a breakdown or planned maintenance work our gearbox rebuilding service is prompt and efficient. We can offer an out-of-hours service by arrangement.
Customers often take advantage of our extensive gearing & material expertise, to increase load capacities, vary ratios or even reduce backlash.
Our capabilities, backed up with almost a century of gear and transmission experience as well as our extensive manufacturing facility, will give you the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your gearbox or transmission system is in the hands of true professionals.
Our mission is to meet our customers’ requirements quickly. To help us achieve this aim we hold approximately 100 tonnes of certified raw stock.
If you have a "gear or transmission problem", no matter how large or small, please contact us for a rapid, friendly and competitive response.
Summary of our Capabilities
• design of gears, gearboxes & transmission systems
• specialise in rapid repair breakdown service, temporary or full repair
• gears, gearboxes & transmission systems reverse engineering
• gearbox & transmission systems rebuilding, overhaul or component
• building of gears, gearboxes & transmission systems prototypes
• manufacture and rebuilding of industrial spur & helical gears up to 2.6m
• manufacture and rebuilding of industrial gearboxes and transmission systems
• up to 5,000kg
• industrial worms & wormwheels up to 1000mm centre distance
• bevel gears (Straight Gleason) up to 890mm diameter
• double helicals up to 1320mm diameter & 305mm face
• internal slotting of splines, keyways & special forms, parallel & taper 200mm,
• 305mm, 530mm & 760mm stroke machines with rotary tables
• maximum length of screws & splines in one setting 3150mm
• gear and gear spline grinding
• profile grinding of spur & helical gears to 630mm
• large internal grinding, shaft grinding, thread-worm-spur-helical-spline-
• spark eroding of internal splines, serrations & special forms - 5 axis EDM, max
• height 400mm, max weight 1000kg, max taper 30°
• gearcutting service on supplied components or free issue material - spur,
• rack, helical, double helical, internal helical, bevel, worm & wormwheel gears
• gear splines and serrations
• broaching of splines, serrations, squares, etc.
• large range of broaches and tools available, including English, American,
• French, German & Japanese standards
• timing pulleys and belts
• all types of gears, sprockets, racks, threads, leadscrews, serrations, splines
• (internal & external), toothed pulleys, barrelled couplings, special gears,
• prototypes, etc., in stock
• complete gearboxes & motors in stock, new or second hand - David Brown
• Radicon and Motovario
• spline bar and sleeves, plastic gears
• site work - removal or installation of gearboxes and motors - sizes of gears
• can be taken on site so that replacements can be made & installed during
• planned shutdown
• laser alignment, gear and gearbox inspection
• gear testing
• specialist MIG + TIG weld repair of gears, shafts or other components
• spiral weld repair of worn journals
• manufacture & repair of gears & gearboxes for steam traction engines &
• vintage cars pre 1950. See www.tractionenginegears.co.uk.
• CNC machining including, turning, milling & wire erosion
• general machine shop facility
• extensive stock of raw material - steel and cast iron bar & billets up to 400mm
• diameter, also plastic, phosphor, bronze, aluminium & aluminium• bronze
• 150 ton press fitting service
• 24 hour working by arrangement
• • • • • • • • • • Thank you for visiting our website!
• • • • • • • •• • We look forward to serving you.
• • Served
• Oil Field
• Oil Refinery
• Plant Cranes
Design, Manufacture &
Reverse Engineering Projects
& Material Expertise
Internal & External